In October I visited Almere, NL and met City Planner Alex VanOost. He gifted me with the monograph of the Almere Principles, developed by Architect, William McDonough & Associates.
The seven principles resonate strongly with Integral City’s 12 Intelligences:
- Cultivate Diversity (@ Emergence and Living Intelligence)
- Connect Place and Context (@ Collective Intelligences and Eco-Intelligence)
- Combine City and Nature (@ Building Intelligence and Contexting Intelligences)
- Anticipate Change (@ Living Intelligence and Emergence Intelligence)
- Continue Innovation (@ Evolutionary Intelligence)
- Design Healthy Systems (@ Collective and Strategic Intelligences)
- Empower People to Make the City (@ Individual and Collective Intelligences).
Read about the Almere Principles here:
Learn more about Almere here: