Globe City Awards has announced the commencement of the 2010 awards process.
The overview can be found here http://globeaward.org/sustainable_city .
This award focuses on a holistic approach to Sustainability in cities and integrates different types of resources or capital for a better future in cities around the world. The Conceptual approach is to use the different types of capital below:
- Environmental Capital – Natural Resources Preservation
- Social Capital – Well being and Social Relations
- Human and Intellectual Capital – Innovation and Social Intelligence
- Technical and Infrastructure Capital – Transportation and ICT
- Culture and Leisure Capital – Experience
- Political Capital – Confidence and Public Trust
- Financial Capital – Assets and Financial Management
Your city needs to demonstrate one or more special initiatives that it has undertaken in the last two years in one or more of the various types of capital above in order to reach a more sustainable future.
How to apply
Instructions on how to apply can be found here.
Download and complete the application form
Download the appropriate form below.
- Sustainability Research Award
- Sustainability Innovation Award
- Sustainable City Award
- Sustainability Reporting Award
Register your application online
- Go to the application form
- Fill in your contact details
- Upload the completed application form along with any supporting documents.
- Submit your application
- You will receive a confirmation email
Deadline for applications is February 4, 2011