Here is the Integral City 2016 Meta Blog. It connects the 4 Voices of the Integral City to the Planet, People, Place and Power that energized us in 2016.
It follows the traditions of:
1. Equinox/Solstice Newsletters – Integral City Reflective Organ
2. City of the Year 2016: Fort McMurray
In 2016, Fort McMurray the City of Energy replaced Paris, the City of Light as City of the Year. Fort McMurray has risen again from a fire that removed the People from the Place but was unable to repress their strong attachment for the city they love. Integral City inquires if Fort McMurray can take this devastating experience and transmute Fort McMurray’s relationship to energy as a model to the planet of cities. What if the energy they produce and use can be recycled by the Earth in a sustainability cycle?
3. Meshworkers of the Year 2016: Coalescing Future Cites Africa
Generally off the radar of troubles that too frequently marked Europe and the Middle East in 2016, cities in Africa are finding ways to mesh together through the auspices of Morel Fourman and Gaiasoft’s toolkit. They have designed an electronic platform for cities to manage strategic planning and engage multiple generations to build capacity in Kenya’s cities along with a number of other African cities.
With such success in long term meshworking we were honoured to recognize Morel Fourman and Gaiasoft as Meshworkers of the Year 2016.
4. 2016 Matured Alliances for Integral City
- Integral City Community of Practice participated in Ten Directions’ online course In This Together. We explored the impact of the course homework on Integral City facilitation skills in this series of blogs.
- Integral City Founder, Marilyn Hamilton joined the board of Integral Without Borders. Learn more about both organizations here:
5. Integral City Explored Place
Through a series of blogs, we explored the Master Code, New Cities, Neo-Cities and Celebrating the City.
- New Cities in China
Building a[City] Bridge Without Walking on It
- Neo-Cities – Considerations for Design
- Celebrating the City
6. Brexit Was Considered from Many Angles
The Brexit vote surprised the world – and provoked these 3 blogs.
This is a poetic tribute to a Member of the BC Legislature on the occasion of his speech on Canada Day.
Here is a short blog to support women who have been violated to link them to an app that helps them record the circumstance.