Practising the Principles of Living Systems with intention and attention in/with/as the Integral City reveals that they offer guidance for defining, strategizing and learning the lessons of sustainability and resilience in ways we still struggle to achieve.
But translating the Principles into the injunctions of the Master Code produces the holarchy of expanding circles of compassion and CARE that in turn generates the Integral City Intelligences that we need to live sustainably and with resilience that respects all life. This Integral Practise will in turn enable the development of Integral Cities as innovation ecosystems because we practise the Master Code of Care in service to LIFE.
The great reward is that by honoring the Principles of Living Systems, we create the conditions for an evolutionary emergence that not only generates but coheres Integral City Intelligences with the Master Code of CARE and the strategies for creating thriving sustainable and resilient Innovation Ecosystems. It is a beautiful meshwork of human systems at the city scale – summarized in the table below.
In this blog series examining Sahtouris’ Principles of Livings Systems, we:
- outline the Principles of Living Systems
- propose a sequence of activities that cities can undertake to create Innovation Ecosystems
- consider the Integral City Intelligences that emerge from the Principles
- recognize the roots of the Principles in the Master Code of Caring
- align the Principles, Intelligences, Master Code and Activities for Innovation Ecosystems